TofuSecret™ (“TofuSecret™”, “we” or “us”) are committed to protecting the privacy, confidentiality and security of the personal data we hold by complying with the requirements of Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486) with respect to the management of personal data. We are equally committed to ensuring that all our employees uphold these obligations.
2. COLLECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may collect personal data from you in connection with your use or purchase of skin care products on TofuSecret, which may include the information provided in connection with the following activities:
- Purchasing any product from TofuSecret;
- Browsing our products or services or otherwise interact with TofuSecret;
- Accept our cookies on your device; and
- [Registering an account on TofuSecret (“User Account”)].
The personal information that we may collect may include your:
- Email address;
- Delivery address;
- Telephone number;
- Any other data you choose to provide to us.
3. PURPOSE FOR COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
We use the personal data we collect from you in order to:
- process your order for our products;
- process or collect your payment for the order;
- deliver or perform the products or services you purchased, including our couriers calling or messaging you to obtain your delivery instructions;
- register and maintain your User Account;
- provide you with supporting services and functions related to your User Account, such as notifying you of the saved items in your cart;
- develop, enhance, market, sell or otherwise provide you with information and products;
- contact you and to respond to any communications you may have had with us;
- to customize your experience on Tofu Secrets;
- to comply with any legal or regulatory requirements or provisions; and
- for any other purpose to which you consent.
4. PASSIVELY COLLECTED INFORMATION
When you interact with us through TofuSecret, we receive and store certain additional, personally non-identifiable information. Such information, which is collected passively using various technologies, cannot presently be used to specifically identify you. Examples include IP addresses, browser types, domain names, date and time of page views, location information associated with your IP address, and other anonymous statistical data involving your use of the Website and/or our services.
5. COOKIES, WEB BEACONS AND LOG INFORMATION
We and our service providers use various technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons.
Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve TofuSecret and your experience, see which areas and features of TofuSecret are popular and count visits. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies. If you would prefer to prevent your computer from accepting our cookies, you may follow your internet browser’s steps for doing so. Please note, however, that if you do disable cookies, you may not be able to access certain sections of the site.
Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our services or emails and help count visits and understand usage of TofuSecret.
Log information are information collected about your use of TofuSecret, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Tofu Secrets.
Our cookies, web beacons and log files help provide additional functionality to the TofuSecret and help us analyse the usage of TofuSecret’s services more accurately.
6. SHARING OF INFORMATION
The information we collect about you will not be disclosed by us to any other party without your prior consent. Only limited information will be provided to courier services to deliver your order.
7. DIRECT MARKETING
From time to time, we would like to send you information that we consider may be of interest to you (including items remaining in your shopping cart, any promotions and rewards), but we will only do this with your consent.
If you prefer not to receive direct marketing communications from us or if you change your mind after providing your consent, you may withdraw your consent by clicking on the unsubscribe link in our direct marketing broadcast email that is sent to you by us. Alternatively, you may contact us at [email protected] to withdraw your consent.
8. CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY
- the disclosure of your personal data is required for our payment processors, who process your payment on TofuSecret and our logistics providers, such as courier services, which will deliver your order to you;
- the disclosure of your personal data is required to comply with any law enforcement, courts, Government or regulatory bodies (in whatever jurisdiction), or otherwise in response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation, court order or legal process;
- we believe your actions are inconsistent with our policies and Terms and Conditions, or to protect the rights, property and safety of TofuSecret;
- disclosure of your personal data is required to respond to claims that any posting or other content violates the rights of any third party;
- the disclosure of your personal data is required for any business partner, investor, assignee, or transferee (actual or prospective) in connection with, or during negotiations of, or to facilitate any business asset transactions (which may extend to any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company, or any change of management of TofuSecret);
- the disclosure of your personal data is required for our advisors, which includes our accountants, auditors, lawyers, other professional advisors and business contacts for the purpose of assisting us to better manage, support or develop our business and comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- the disclosure of your personal data is required to comply with internal risk controls, the terms of our access to payment processing, financial or banking services such as credit card disputes, fraud and billing errors;
- your consent to the disclosure of your personal data is obtained; and
- otherwise as permitted or required by applicable laws and regulations.
- 9. LOST OR STOLEN INFORMATION
You must promptly notify us if your personal data is lost, stolen, or used without permission. In such an event, we will remove your personal data from your account and update our records accordingly.
10. DATA RETENTION
We will keep your personal information no longer than is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it is used and in any event, shall be in compliance with any applicable laws for such retention.
11. UPDATES AND ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
According to the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486), you have the right to be given access to your personal data and be allowed to make corrections if there is any inconsistency or inaccuracy in terms of your personal data. If you need to correct any of your personal data, please send us your request at [email protected].